On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> >  You may also want AC_FUNC_FSEEKO for fseeko().
>
> I wonder what is the difference between AC_FUNC_FSEEKO and
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS(seeko).  The manual doesn't seem to explain.

 Well, that's what I have on my local system:

 - Macro: AC_FUNC_FSEEKO
     If the `fseeko' function is available, define `HAVE_FSEEKO'.
     Define `_LARGEFILE_SOURCE' if necessary to make the prototype
     visible on some systems (e.g. glibc 2.2). Otherwise linkage
     problems may occur when compiling with `AC_SYS_LARGEFILE' on
     largefile-sensitive systems where `off_t' does not default to a
     64bit entity.

The "_LARGEFILE_SOURCE" bit is the important one -- I have a vague memory
of some program having a problem once in this area.

> > I was already a bit surprised having failed to see AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
> > being called from your patch,
>
> Are you sure you looked at my patch?  All three versions of the patch
> pretty much begin with the "+AC_SYS_LARGEFILE" change to configure.in.

 Well, I must have been blind.  Or I'm simply too busy these days.
Anyway, sorry about the confusion and I'm glad you've got this right
despite the issues with LFS being too messy on many systems with no good
reason.

  Maciej