> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Behalf Of Maciej W. Rozycki

>  Huh?  It's you who should actually charge them for doing bug
> discovery for them.

Yeah. Only please understand - I'm not a C programmer. I'm not an expert in
Microsoft interaction (the fewer the better). I just have (legal!) access to
a Visual Studio kit and use it, anything more in-depth unfortunately would
require familiarizing far more with C in general and VS in particular than I
have time available :(

>  Anyway, with that level of vendor (non-)support, you should really
> consider switching to GCC, no matter how much hassle with
> libraries it
> involves.  It's just an effort to be done once and *will* pay back.

I know that, after all I could just download the free Borland compiler or
MingW or for myself use the cygnus port (which I have installed anyway) and
forget about VS.
On the other hand I started compiling these binaries because I can and there
seemed to be nobody else doing it and I feel it would be a shame dropping
this compatibility exactly as it would be a shame dropping support for, say
Ultrix. Just my (minimal) bit of support for a great tool - I do what I can
but I won't become VSC proficient, time is never enough, family (and work)
has precedence, I just can't afford it (although I'd really like to).

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]