"Tony Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> This patch imposes IMHO reasonable, yet safe, limits for reading server
>
> Your choice of default limits looks reasonable to me, but shouldn't
> wget provide the user a way to override these limits?

Not if there is never a need to.  Wget has a huge number of
command-line options already; one should try not to add new ones
without very good reasons to back them up.  Overriding these limits
would require *two* new cryptic command-line options that would
clutter the code and documentation and in all likeliness would never
be used, thus bringing no value to the user.

Except for malicious server output, I see no use in accepting lines
greater than 4k or HTTP response headers larger than 64k.  If I am
proven wrong, the limit can be raised, but I suspect that it will not
be the case.  (Note that the limit can safely be raised without any
penalty for the usual, "short", responses.)