On Wednesday 03 August 2005 08:14 am, dan1 wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am using wget since a long time now. I like it very much.
>
> However I have 2 requests of enhancements that I think to be important and
> very useful:
>
> 1. There should be a 'download acceleration' mode that triggers several
> downloads at the same time for the same file. This accelerates a lot the
> download for sites where the bandwidth is limited per connection (not in
> purpose), because of the routers in between. e.g. 'accel' program does this
> job very well. I am using that one because of this feature lack in wget.

last month hrvoje and i have discussed about whether to implement this feature
and we agreed that it would be overkill for a (supposedly) simple command
line tool like wget.

> 2. wget should be completely HTTP1.1 compliant. Now it just uses the
> HTTP1.0 compatibility of the protocol, but the HTTP1.1 is important to be
> followed. Once I have been annoyed because of that, I don't remember why
> now.

wget 2.0 will be completely HTTP 1.1 compliant.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget