On Friday 19 August 2005 11:50 am, Carl G. Ponder wrote:
> I just started using "wget" to recursively fetch directories, and was
> disappointed to find that it didn't get files like ".profile" that start
> with ".". I see there are fixes posted in the web at sites like
>
>       http://www.unixwiz.net/patches/wget-1.9.1-dotfiles-patch.txt
>       http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/wget-dotfiles.html
>
> I'm not using the most current version of "wget", but I looked at the
> release-notes on version 1.10.1 on the
> "http://svn.dotsrc.org/repo/wget/tags/WGET_1_10_1/NEWS"; website, and it
> didn't look like this patch had been implemented.
>
> Can you put this fix in the next release? Also, I've found a mirror of some
> of the GNU mailing- lists posted as newsgroups under
> gmane.comp.gnu.utils.bugs and other such lists. Are the "wget"
> mailing-lists posted anywhere?

this is a very interesting point, but the patch you mentioned above uses the
LIST -a FTP command, which AFAIK is not supported by all FTP servers.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget