Daniel Stenberg wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Noèl Köthe wrote:

The last paragraph says something like: "Notable is the fast time of reaction of the Open Source developer: two days ago the problem was reported, yesterday corrected packages were produced and details of the vulnerability were published."

Just want to give you very possitive feedback and say thanks.:)

I mailed Hrvoje the patch roughly 50 minutes after the notification (and he forwarded it to Mauro). Wget 1.10.2 was relased less than 14 hours after the first mail brought our attention to this problem.

Both Hrvoje and Mauro acted swiftly and promptly. Nice going guys!

i was notified of the vulnerability by hrvoje and daniel. when i received the security report daniel had aready sent us the bugfix. it took me no more than 30 minutes to include the patch in our stable branch and release wget 1.10.2.

thanks again, daniel.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net