"Jean-Marc MOLINA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As I don't know anything about wget sources, I can't tell how it
> innerworks but I guess it doesn't check the MIME types of resources
> linked from the "src" attribute of a "img" elements. And that would
> be a bug... And I think some kind of RFC or spec should confirm it.

More precisely, it doesn't use the file name advertised by the
Content-Disposition header.  That is because Wget decides on the file
name it will use based on the URL used, *before* the headers are
downloaded.  This unfortunate design decision is the cause of all
these problems, and will take some work to be undone.