Hi,

I suspect , I am getting connection failure for the target server, may be
because of the proxy setting. My server trying to connect the destination
server is behind the firewall.

Could you tell me  where can I find the configuration file to change the proxy
settings.

Output is given below on a solaris machine.
# wget www.bbc.com
--09:55:21--  http://www.bbc.com/
           => `index.html'
Resolving www.bbc.com... 212.58.224.86
Connecting to www.bbc.com|212.58.224.86|:80... ^C

I read the following note from the README file,  I am hoping that I may need to
the socs library as well.

"If you are behind a firewall that requires the use of a socks style
gateway, you can get the socks library and compile wget with support
for socks."

Where can I get the socs library and installation instructions please.

Thanks & Regards,

Mabu Shaik