From: Hrvoje Niksic

> Also don't [forget to] prepend the necessary [...] $CWD
> to those paths.

   Or, better yet, _DO_ forget to prepend the trouble-causing $CWD to
those paths.

   As you might recall from my changes for VMS FTP servers (if you had
ever looked at them), this scheme causes no end of trouble.  A typical
VMS FTP server reports the CWD in VMS form (for example,
"SYS$SYSDEVICE:[ANONYMOUS]").  It may be willing to use a UNIX-like path
in a CWD command (for example, "CWD A/B", but it's _not_ willing to use
a mix of them (for example, SYS$SYSDEVICE:[ANONYMOUS]/A/B").

   At a minimum, a separate CWD should be used to restore the initial
directory.  After that, you can do what you wish.  On my server at least
(HP TCPIP V5.4), "GET A/B/F.X" will work, but the mixed mess is unlikely
to work on any VMS FTP server.

   Steven M. Schweda               (+1) 651-699-9818
   382 South Warwick Street        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547