Steven M. Schweda wrote:

I do get the full Internet address in the download if I use -k or
--convert-links, but not if I use it with -O

Ah. Right you are. Looks like a bug to me.
Is the developer available to confirm this?

  Without looking at the code, I'd say that someone is calling the
conversion code before closing the "-O" output file.  As a user could
specify multiple URLs with a single "-O" output file, it may be
difficult to make this work in the same way it would without "-O", so a
normal download followed by a quick rename (mv) might be your best hope,
at least in the short term.
Yeah, that's the only thing I've been able to come up with as well.

FYI, I tried piping the output to another wget statement and also
redirecting to a file, but I pretty much ended up with the same result.

If anyone has another suggestion, I'm all ears.  :)

Jon