Mauro,

> however, if there is a general consensus about adding this feature to wget,
> i might consider changing my mind.

  We need this feature in the following situation:
we have an unreliable local host; unreliable remote host and unreliable
network -- yeah, we live in the real world. Remote host posts every day update
of a huge file. Time of update is unknown. Local host should pick up remote
file daily. It does this by cron. However it may happen, and it really happens,
that local host may not complete downloading for 24 hours. If wget process
will gracefully commit harakiri before cron will spawn the next wget process,
this will really help.

  Can this argument change your mind?

Leonid