Hi,

I don't really know if this is a Wget bug, or some problem with my website, but, either way, maybe you can help.

I have a web site ( www.BuildItSolar.com ) with perhaps a few hundred pages (260MB of storage total). Someone did a Wget on my site, and managed to log 111,000 hits and 58,000 page views (using more than a GB of bandwidth).

I am wondering how this can happen, since the number of page views is about 200 times the number of pages on my site??

Is there something I can do to prevent this? Is there something about the organization of my website that is causing Wget to get stuck in a loop?

I've never used Wget, but I am guessing that this guy really did not want 50,000+ pages -- do you provide some way for the user to shut itself down when it reaches some reasonable limit?

My website is non-commercial, and provides a lot of information that people find useful in building renewable energy projects. It generates zero income, and I can't really afford to have a lot of people come in and burn up GBs of bandwidth to no useful end. Help!

Gary Reysa

Bozeman, MT
[EMAIL PROTECTED]