Hello,

I would like to talk about the --page-requisites (-p) and -H (host spanning)
options. From the manual we can read that -p « causes Wget to download all
the files that are necessary to properly display a given html page. This
includes such things as inlined images, sounds, and referenced
stylesheets. ». But if you try to archive a page at
http://www.domain.com/page.html that displays the
http://images.domain.com/image.png image, you won't get unless you set
the -H option : « The -H option turns on host spanning, thus allowing Wget's
recursive run to visit any host referenced by a link. ».

So I think something is missing from the manual because in one hand -p is
supposed to « download all the files » and in the other hand -H is when
recursive retrieving is turned on (-r). Shouldn't host spanning be turned on
when setting -p ? Or the manual should indicate that there's a "download"
exception for -p : « download all the files... » but the one hosted on other
domains (including sub-domains).

JM.