Hello there,

 I have to say that Wget is one of the most useful tools
out there(from my point of view of course). I'm using the
Win32 version of it to make life with XP little more bearable.
(faking Internet Explorer like mad, all over the place)

 Well on to the thing i call a bug. The bug only affects the
Win32 version. It seems that when a file name(not the
extension) in an URL is either nul, con, com1 and so on Wget
goes into an endless loop(did not wait that long though).

 I reproduced the bug with Win32 versions 1.5.dontremeber,
1.10.1 and 1.10.2. I did also test version 1.6 on Linux but it
was not affected.

Example URLs that reproduce the bug :
wget g/nul
wget http://www.gnu.org/nul
wget http://www.gnu.org/nul.html
wget -o loop.end "http://www.gnu.org/nul.html";

 I know that the bug is associated with words which are
devices in the windows console, but i don't understand
why, since I tried to set the output file to something else.
But then again i did not look at the source code so i only
have my self to blame.

 This could be a known problem, or it will not be fixed
because Wget is native to Linux, but i thought you guys
should at least notified about this.

Best regards,
 Throstur S. Eidsson.

p.s.
 I already sent this e-mail before but i think i ran into
 trouble with your e-mail confirmation. So here goes
 take two.