I wrote a script that downloads new 'dat' files for my AV program. I am using
the '-N' option to only download a newer version of the file. What I need is
for 'wget' to issue an exit code which would indicate whether a newer file
was downloaded or not. Presently I have the script comparing the time of the
existing file and then the time of the file after 'wget' has finished
running. It would be simpler if 'wget' simply issued an exit code.

I have tried various methods but have not been successful in capturing one if
it does actually issue it. Perhaps someone might have some further
information on this?

Thanks!

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

No man can have a reasonable opinion of women until he has long lost
interest in hair restorers.

        Austin O'Malley