> -----Original Message----- From: t u [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:50 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject:
> wget question (connect multiple times)
>
> hi, I hope it is okay to drop a question here.
>
> I recently found that if wget downloads one file, my download speed
> will be Y, but if wget downloads two separate files (from the same
> server, doesn't matter), the download speed for each of the files
> will be Y (so my network speed will go up to 2 x Y).
>
> So my question is, can I make wget download the same file "multiple
> times simultaneously"? In a way, it would run as multiple processes
> and download parts of the file at the same time, speeding up the
> download.
>
> Hope I could explain my question, sorry about the bad english.
>
> Thanks
>
> PS. Please consider this as an enhancement request if wget cannot get
> a file by downloading parts of it simultaneously.

> Tony Lewis wrote:
>> A) This is the list for reporting bugs. Questions should go to
>> wget@sunsite.dk
>>
>> B) wget does not support "multiple time simultaneously"
>>
>> C) The decreased per-file download time you're seeing is (probably) because
>> wget is reusing its connection to the server to download the second file. It
>> takes some time to set up a connection to the server regardless of whether
>> you're downloading one byte or one gigabyte of data. For small files, the
>> set up time can be a significant part of the overall download time.
>>
>> Hope that helps!
>>
>> Tony

Just to make sure this is received as a feature request because of (B),
it would be nice to enable wget to download parts of files
simultaneously as multiple processes. Example:
wget --option-to-multiple-download=3 file.ext
wget1 dowloads the first 1/3 of the file
wget2 downloads the second 1/3 of the file
wget3 downloads the third 1/3 of the file.

Thanks for the reply, it helped.
sincerely.

PS. As a response to (A), I sent my message to bug-wget because I wanted
this to be considered as a feature request if it wasn't already
implemented. Also, I did not see wget@sunsite.dk at