Zitat von Jean-Philippe BATTU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks for your reply but when I use
>
> wget http://myserver.com/myfile.jpg
> and
> wget -N http://myserver.com/myfile.jpg
> wget --timestamping http://myserver.com/myfile.jpg
>
> and i get the same result and the current date !

Sorry, I had given you a false advice. This timestamping option -N is only
neccessary for additional features with timestamping. I have it always on,
therefore I had totally forgotten that the basic feature you asked for is
already the default and you need no special parameter for it.

This feature uses the HHTP-Header-Line "Last-Modified:" from the server. Most
servers send this these days, but there are a few which don't (it it not
mandatory).
You can get more information from wget for such problematic cases and see
these internals when you run it with debug-option -d

Best regards,
J.Roderburg