Dear wget developers.

I'm sure this has been reported before, and I've seen references to it going back all the way to 2003 but the problem I'm facing is still there in wget version 1.10.2.

When I turn on --timestamping I suspect, as the manual says, that the time tags are preserved. But that is not the case. It only preserves the time stamp when the ftp server and the machine your are running wget on are in THE SAME TIMEZONE. The are many cases where that is not the case: - some ftp server choose to run in UTC (GMT) time zone, no matter where they are. - when I am in the US and I download from Europe, the files I download are off by 6 hours.

Wget clearly tries to match the time stamp that it gets in the .listing file. But that file has the time tags of the files in the server's time zone, not in the time zone wget is running in.

Can this be fixed?

Regards,
Remko