If it were me, I'd grab all the files to my local drive and then write
scripts to do the moving and renaming.

Tony
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 1:33 AM
To: wget@sunsite.dk
Subject: how to get images into a new directory/filename heirarchy?
[GishPuppy]

Hi,

I'm trying to use wget to download 100s of JPGs into a cache server with a
different directory/filename heirarchy. What I tried to do was to create a
text or html file with 1 line for each download (e.g. URL -nd -P [new-path]
-O [new-filename]) and use the --input-file= switch, However, I discovered
that I cannot rename the path/filename of the file inside the input file.

Also, the JPGs will not all come from the same domain but they need to be
placed in a flattened directory tree with different filenames.

Can anyone offer me advice on how to best accomplish this? I'm using the
windows platform.

m.

Gishpuppy | To reply to this email, click here:
http://www.gishpuppy.com/cgi-bin/[EMAIL PROTECTED]