From: Robert Dick

> When serializing sucessive copies of a page, the serial number appears
> at the end of the extension, i.e, what should be file1.html is called
> file.html.1 I'm using wget ver. 1.10.2. with the default options on
> Windows ME ...

   I can see how that might annoy a Windows user, but it would probably
be a terrible idea to change the file name as you suggest, because it
would break any HTML links to "file.html" which might appear in any
other file.

   If you don't like the ".nnn" suffix, then you'll need to clean it up
later, or else don't download the same file twice into the same
directory.  (Or you could use VMS, where file version numbers are a
natural part of the file system, so the ".nnn" suffix is not needed, and
this problem does not arise.)

   Steven M. Schweda               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   382 South Warwick Street        (+1) 651-699-9818
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547