modify /etc/hosts temporarily on the computer you are running wget
to add a line similar to

    1.2.3.4 sitename.com # temporary hack to get new web site

pull the files then remove that line from /etc/hosts.  this assumes
that /etc/hosts has precedence over dns (and yp or whatever) on your
machine; most do.

Jim