On 9/12/07, Erik Bolstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm doing a master thesis on online news at the University of Oslo,
> and need a software that can download html pages based on RSS feeds.
>
> I suspect that Wget could be modified to do this.
>
> - Do you know if there are any ways to get Wget to read RSS files and
> download new files every hour or so?
> - If not: Have you heard about software that can do this?
>
> I am very grateful for all help and tips.

Wget does not do this. That would be a great feature, but I don't
believe parsing the RSS feed is Wget's job. Wget just fetches the
files.

I recommend you look for a program that simply parses the RSS feed and
dumps the URLs to a file for Wget to fetch. Piping.. that's what UNIX
is all about ;-)

I don't have any recommendations, unfortunately. If you aren't able to
find one, let me know, and I'll try to come up with one.

Josh