> Thomas Wolff wrote:
> > Hi,
> > as requested, I am sending you the output of configure and config.log
> > for checking the problem that my compiled wget does not retrieve
> > over https ("Unsupported scheme").

> Thomas, I don't see that anything went wrong at all with the
> configuration. This makes me think that you're not actually using the
> wget that you built when you try to use https.

> What does "command -v wget" give? How about "whereis wget"?

I did check this potential problem as follows:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/opt/wget-1.10.2> ls -l config.log src/wget
-rw-r--r--   1 demsn702 mdd        82290 Oct 11 18:11 config.log
-rwxr-xr-x   1 demsn702 mdd      1600208 Oct 11 18:15 src/wget
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/opt/wget-1.10.2> ./src/wget https://x.y
https://x.y: Unsupported scheme.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/opt/wget-1.10.2>

So I think it's clear the version thus produced was invoked.

Regards,
Thomas