If we were going to leave this behavior in for some time, then I think
it'd be appropriate to at least mention it (maybe I'll just mention it
anyway, without a comprehensive explanation
It would probably be sufficient to just add a very brief mention to the docs of 1.11, the two things that confused the heck out of me -
1) The accept/reject filters are applied twice, once to the URL filename before retrieval and once to the local filename after retrieval, and
2) A query string is not considered to be part of the URL filename.

You can probably imagine my confusion when I saw [EMAIL PROTECTED] being saved.  I then tried to prevent that link from being traversed with a match on part of the query string, and I'd see that file disappear, only to later realize it was traversed.  I had no idea that the query string was not being considered during the acc/rej match, nor that the process was performed twice.

I look forward to 1.12.