2008/4/5, Micah Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>  > This system allows us to write unit-tests if we'd like to, but mostly so
>  > far we've focused to test it system-wide. It is hard enough for us!
>

> Yeah, I thought I'd seen something like that; I was thinking we might
>  even be able to appropriate some of that, if that looked doable. Except
>  that I preferred faking the server completely, so I could deal better
>  with cross-site issues, which AFAICT are significantly more important to
>  Wget than they are to Curl.

It seems that abstraction of network API needs more discussion,
so I would focus on the server emulation....

By the way, How about using LD_PRELOAD ?
I tested a little and it seems to be working. If we use this, we can test
by overriding socket interface, and still we don't change wget real source
code.

I found this way on the net, and sample was using wget !! they are overriding
socket, close, connect.

------main.c --------------------------
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{

    puts("Helow Wgets\n");
    return 0;

}

------testputs.c ------------------------
#include <stdio.h>

int puts(const char *str)
{
   while(*str)
    putchar(*str++);
   printf("This is a test module");
   putchar('\n');
}

--Compile like below:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Test]$ gcc main.c -o main
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Test]$ gcc -fPIC -shared -o testputs.so testputs.c

--Execute like below:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Test]$ ./main
Helow Wgets

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Test]$ LD_PRELOAD=./testputs.so ./main
Helow Wgets
This is a test module

--
Yoshihiro TANAKA