THE WHATIS.COM WORD-OF-THE-DAY
January 1, 2003

average bouncing busy hour
TODAY'S WORD: average bouncing busy hour

See our complete definition with hyperlinks at
http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci213505,00.html

In designing and assessing telephone networks, one approach is to
measure the average bouncing busy hour (ABBH) traffic in various
network trunks or trunk groups of the network. The ABBH is the
traffic load on a switching system during the peak (most busy) hour
of each day, over a certain period, typically one week, then averaged
for the time period.

Another traditional index to peak traffic is the 10-high-day busy
period.

RELATED TERMS:

network
http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci212644,00.html

trunk
http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci213225,00.html

10-high-day busy period
http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci213506,00.html

______________________
2003 PREDICTIONS | Happy New Year!

What areas of IT will your company be focusing on in 2003? What's hot
and what's not? Share your IT predictions for 2003!
http://whatis.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?[EMAIL PROTECTED]@.1dcfae0e/201!viewtype=threadDate&skip=&expand=

______________________
WHATIS.COM POLL | IT Training

How many times last year did your company send you for IT training?

>> Cast your vote in our latest member poll
http://whatis.techtarget.com/poll/1,289525,sid9,00.html

______________________________
RECENT ADDITIONS AND UPDATES

[1] Online Service System
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid21_gci871202,00.html

[2] CATT
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid21_gci871110,00.html

[3] R/3 Repository
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid21_gci871109,00.html

[4] user exit
http://searchsap.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid21_gci871107,00.html

[5] race condition
http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid5_gci871100,00.html

LOWELL THING, Site Editor ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

MARGARET ROUSE, Associate Editor ([EMAIL PROTECTED])