The .xml export and inport offers more flexibility.  Look on IpSwitch's site to get 
the documentation on how to do this; it is simple and will save a lot of time.  I 
recommend you create an "xml" directory inside your map directory for managing the 
changes.  

        -----Original Message----- 
        From: Welsh, Jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
        Sent: Wed 9/3/2003 12:38 PM 
        To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' 
        Cc: 
        Subject: RE: [WhatsUp Forum] Changing polling type globally, also telnet s 
ervice
        
        

        Well, its feasible. Version 8. Export your map as yourmap.ini file. Open
        with a good text editor. Under each device, [I'm sure there is an insert
        file command you can also try] after the line   SpecialFlags=xxxxxxxxx,
        enter a dumb line of 'insert_here', or anything that isn't in yourmap.ini
        file. Then do a find and replace 'insert_here with the following line[s]
        
        NumberOfDeviceMonitors=1
        DeviceMonitor=1 Telnet Server                           Telnet  0
        
        NOTE!. If you are already monitoring services for a device, you'll toast it!
        
        Jeff Welsh
        State of Maine BIS
        -----Original Message-----
        From: Anthony Valuikas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 12:18 PM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: RE: [WhatsUp Forum] Changing polling type globally, also telnet
        service
        
        If there was I sure could have use it when I changed about 5000 items a few
        weeks ago. I also looked and did not see it.
        
        My guess is NO since the polling method relies on service(s) being attached
        to the device. I noticed that when I changed ICMP to Services Only on the
        WEB interface and it went back to ICMP because of no service being attached.
        
        It would be a nice feature.
        
        
        
        
        Tv
        
        
        
        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of joe baxter
        Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 10:49 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [WhatsUp Forum] Changing polling type globally, also telnet
        service
        
        
        I have a map with about 144 devices on it and have lost the ability to poll
        with ICMP because of the welchia worm blocks put in place.
        
        Is there any way to globably change polling type and also add the telnet
        service for all devices?  The thought of changing every device individually
        is sending chills down my spine.
        
        Joe Baxter
        Assistant Network Administrator
        714 Maytum Hall
        SUNY College at Fredonia
        Fredonia, NY  14063
        (716)673-4712
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        
        
        Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
        to be removed from this list.
        
        An Archive of this list is available at:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
        
        
        Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
        to be removed from this list.
        
        An Archive of this list is available at:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
        
        Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
        to be removed from this list.
        
        An Archive of this list is available at:
        http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
        

<<winmail.dat>>

Reply via email to