I have seen WUG show the service down on the Stratum 2 clocks, and when we've looked on the machine log we've seen the daemon complain about not
getting to the Stratum 1 and it lost sync.
It isn't a comparison. What I rely on is the fact that the NTP (or SNTP in this service test) will refuse to identify itself as a source if it thinks it doesn't know
the time. This test isn't a simple "the port responds", but is looking to see if thinks it is a time source.
I ran this on Lantronix Stratum 1 clocks, but it would get a couple of failures per day. I eventually got a mib for that clock and use that.
For the Truetime Stratum 1, I again went with the mib for the clock.
Jay
At 05:20 PM 9/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:
No, what I ment was having WUG poll them. I have my domain structure correct across all 11 of my time zones. I was just looking for a way to have the map prove it to anyone who looks instead of calling me because the can't type....
:>:>:>
Thanks Tv
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bruce Shaw Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 5:01 PM To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' Subject: RE: [WhatsUp Forum] Time Check
I've got ntpdate set up on all my UNIX servers and my master internal server pointed to five external trusted servers.
>Is anyone doing a "real" Time comparison check on their network to make sure time is correct?
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html to be removed from this list.
An Archive of this list is available at: http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html to be removed from this list.
An Archive of this list is available at: http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html to be removed from this list.
An Archive of this list is available at: http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/
