Olav Junker Kjær wrote:

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

I'm not disputing the fact that there is an unfortunate demand for embedded WYSIWYG editing in web based CMSs, it is the conceputally broken implementation I'm against.

I don't consider this demand "unfortunate". I consider it an essential
part of the vision for the web. The "writable web" or "universal canvas"
or whatever its called, has been a part of the vision from the beginning
(rumor has it that TBL's very first browser was read/write).

Yup, see screenshots etc c/o http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/WorldWideWeb.html
[[[
The broken X in the "Tim's home page" window means that the document has been edited and not yet saved. (A "dirty" flag). As a convenience, pressing Command/Shift/S would save back all modified web pages.
]]]

Dan