On Apr 2, 2006, at 19:26, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

I agree. Note also that the repetition template also allows for characters that are compatible with XML ID. Of course, this is only for valid documents... All things should still be defined in a way that they take into account invalid,
yet well-formed, documents as well. (And HTML documents...)

I am interested in conforming DTD-invalid well-formed XHTML documents and conforming HTML documents. I think that whatever is allowed as an id attribute value in conforming HTML documents should also be conforming as a value of an id attribute in XHTML (but not necessarily conforming as an xml:id value) in order to allow XHTML- serializability of conforming HTML docs.

(I am not interested in DTD-valid documents. I consider DTDs harmful.)

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]