Anne van Kesteren wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 00:29:03 +0100, Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If there is no interest in standardizing a serialization (or separate standard serializations form HTML5 and XHTML5), then this discussion belongs on [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#innerhtml

I assume that you are trying to tell me something, but I am too dumb to understand it.

That section says "the innerHTML DOM attribute of all HTMLElement and HTMLDocument nodes returns A SERIALISATION of the node's children using the HTML syntax." [emphasis added]

A given DOM may have multiple, valid, HTML5 serializations.

I am asking whether there is interest in identifying ONE standard serialization that everybody who wishes to comply with could do so.

- Sam Ruby