On Apr 11, 2007, at 16:04, Sam Ruby wrote:

1) re: "prefix_name" - how are prefixes registered? Henri is free to correct me if I am wrong, but I gathered that the requirement was for a bit of decentralized extensibility, i.e., the notion that anybody for any reason could defined an extension for holding private data; and furthermore could do so without undo fear of collision.

I did not have any prefixing mechanism in mind. I was thinking of establishing an attribute such as "script-private" where authors would be free to stick anything for retrieval by scripts. I was assuming that the usage of the attribute and the scripts running on the page would be tightly coupled. That is, generating the attributes and writing the script that consumes them would be under the control of the same developer/team.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]