On Sep 25, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Dave Camp wrote:

On 9/25/07, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The OS and the UA can often make a better guess, so I think the option to let the UA decide the encoding should at least be provided. Here are some sources of info that the UA has but the web app doesn't (at least without doing a separate binary read of the file first and possibly significant
computation):

Our File implementation lets the browser choose the encoding if an
empty encoding is passed by the app, but there might be a nicer/more
obvious way to do that.

I think it would be nice to make the argument optional so you can just omit it instead of passing "". That or have two different methods, since I would not expect requesting a specific encoding to be the common case.

Regards,
Maciej