The difference with the "should" is that the browsers who support standards will support ogg natively. The fact that big companies like nokia etc don't actually use OGG is less my concern, it's more about the free developers knowing that ogg will be supported at the users' end.

Patents is less my area of expertise as I am (luckily) a resident of the EU, but this whole submarine patent bussiness has got me thinking that America better clean up ship quickly.