On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 05:41:58 +0100, Eli Naeher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Could you elaborate on these barriers? I would really like to see inline SVG.

http://annevankesteren.nl/2007/10/svg-html has a high-level overview. The main problem is how the HTML parser as defined by the HTML5 specification needs to be modified and what set of limitations do we impose on the syntax.

I also notice that 3.3.3.6 mentions something related:

"Elements that are from namespaces other than the HTML namespace and
that convey content but not metadata, are embedded content for the
purposes of the content models defined in this specification. (For
example, MathML, or SVG.)"

Is this section out-of-date? Or does it refer only to elements which
have been loaded into the DOM by some means other than being included
in the source (e.g. in accordance with 4.8.2, Page load processing
model for XML files)?

HTML 5 defines processing of HTML5, XHTML5, and documents created using DOM methods. Only the latter two can contain elements from other namespaces at this point.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>