Another thing that we need is some way to determine what the device pixel->css pixel ratio is. Currently there's isn't even a real way to tell that it's 1:1 -- you would have do do a fillRect(width-1, height-1, 1, 1),; then getImageData(width-1, height-1, 1, 1) and see if they match. Conceivably you could do this multiple times to estimate the ratio, but it would be non-trivial.

--Oliver