On Feb 3, 2008, at 2:38 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

Why not give the object a constructor? I think that's cleaner. Also, Opera already supports that :-)
The biggest problem is that you would have to define the behaviour in a fairly counterintuitive way new ImageData(400, 400) would not necessarily result in an ImageData object with width=400, height=400
as a system with a non-1:1 css to device pixel ratio.

The moment people start using getImageData() as storage mechanism (which they will if browsers do not fix their data: image origin stuff) you'll have a problem with this if the application is accessed through different devices that have different ratios. I suspect though that given that Firefox has a 1:1 ratio sites will simply rely on that...
Part of my commentary was on a misunderstanding of the spec sorry :(

That said, what do you mean by using getImageData as a storage mechanism?

--Oliver

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>