On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:14:03 +0200, Brady Eidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would like to make sure that my understanding is correct here, since you expressed doubt.

Anne was asserting that since the interface for setItem() specifies a DOMString as the input, anything you pass it will be stringified. Therefore passing it the null value would be stringified to "null". This is what you currently see in all the major browsers with window.alert(null), for example, which is also specified as a DOMString input parameter.

Therefore a call to setItem("foo", null); becomes, in effect, setItem("foo", "null");

Is this correct?

If so, the spec is fine as-is, and removeItem() is the only way to remove an individual item.

This was what I was suggesting, yes.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>