On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:00:09 +0200, Russell Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I actually think that using custom microformat-like conventions with classes or tags is really not as robust a solution as what is being attempted with RDFa (I honestly did not know much about RDFa before this conversation).
However, while people keep suggesting classes, I have yet to hear anyone
suggest the data- attributes. Maybe it was said or implied elsewhere, but it seems like a good fit here. Instead of requiring the addition of "about" or "property" attributes, just use "data-about" or "data-property". It may not be ideal, but it fits with the existing spec.

Actually, data- attributes are not intended for this purpose.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>