Alexey Proskuryakov wrote:

Nov 14, 2008, в 10:00 AM, Jonas Sicking написал(а):

What are the use cases? Also note that we can't use it with shared workers since they can be connected to several pages from different uris.
It returns the script's URL, not the page's.

Oh?! Then I understand even less what the use case is. This is something that doesn't exist for <script> and i've never heard anyone ask for it (granted, that is not proof that no one wants it).

Actually, this exists for <script> is you say that it returns the URL that the script execution context uses for resolving relative URLs. It just so happens that for <script>, it's document URL, and for workers, it's script URL.

That works the same in Workers iirc, without the need for a .location API.

Actually, come to think of it, what is the BaseURI for workers? I.e. what URI is importScripts and XHR resolved against?

/ Jonas