We could make Storage into an EventTarget and also fire events on there,
sure. As Jeremy said, this is something that might best be done in the
next version; we're still trying to get the current features implemented
in a stable and consistent fashion as it is.

Sounds great. Although wouldn't now be the best time to introduce something new? Its not a breaking change (theoretically), its an additional feature. Its my understanding that most of Web Storage is undergoing changes (B-trees and SQL orthogonally), but the Storage interface is not going to change much? Is that because of current browser support?

In general, though, I don't think it's critical, since you can easily work
around it by checking which was changed based on the event data

Fair enough. =)

(I agree that your proposal would have made more sense. I'm sorry my
learning experiences have such a detrimental effect on the Web! :-) )

We're all learning. =P

--
Ian Hickson U+1047E ) \._.,--....,'``. fL http://ln.hixie.ch/ U+263A /, _.. \ _ \ ;`._ ,. Things that are impossible just take longer. `._.-(,_..'-- (,_..'`-.;.'

- Joe