Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

I actually consider that a loss.  It's addressing a different problem,
you see.  HTMLOverlays is basically client-side includes.  While you

It's client-side only because I implemented in JS that way! Explain
me what prevents from implementing server-side?

I think you misunderstand the mechanics of @onlyreplace.  It doesn't
change anything when you first load a page, and it shouldn't be at all
similar to prefetching.  It only operates when you click on a link
with the @onlyreplace attribute.  The browser then makes an ordinary
request for the desired page, parses it with scripting disabled, and
locates elements with the given ids to swap into the old page.

Exactly. And I said this is a good start and not enough. We could do
simple AND more powerful than that.

</Daniel>