On 09/24/2010 08:40 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:
As others have pointed out, canvas scaling algorithm is not specified and is different in each browser.

http://greggman.com/downloads/examples/canvas-test/test-01/canvas-test-01-results.html

http://greggman.com/downloads/examples/canvas-test/test-01/canvas-test-01.html

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Rob Evans <r...@mtn-i.com <mailto:r...@mtn-i.com>> wrote:

    Thanks I'll give that a go in the morning!

    All the best,

    Rob

    On 19 Sep 2010 03:42, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbar...@mit.edu
    <mailto:bzbar...@mit.edu>> wrote:

    On 9/18/10 9:57 PM, Rob Evans wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. I’m already using high resolution ima...
    Gecko will scale canvas images in one of two ways: either using a
    nearest-neighbor algorithm or using a more complicated (bilinear,
    bicubic, may depend on other details) algorithm which is slower
    but usually gives better results.  You can control which is
    happening by setting mozImageSmoothingEnabled on the canvas 2d
    context (set to false to get nearest-neighbor and set to true to
    get the other).

    The default value there is true.  Does setting it to false give
    you the Chrome 6 behavior, perchance?  I'd be a little surprised
    if it does, but worth trying.

    -Boris

Forgive me as I have not kept up with all the discussions on this list, but have there been any suggestions with regards to NOT using a filter for rescaling? That would be ideal for 'old-skool' graphics where pixellation is actually desired, not smoothing.

-Ruben