On 5/20/12 9:04 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 5/20/12 5:45 AM, Paul Irish wrote:
Since no one mentioned it, I just wanted to make sure this thread is
aware
of the Network Information API [1], which provides
navigator.connection.bandwidth

It's been recently implemented (to some degree) in both Mozilla [2] and
Webkit [3].

As far as I can tell, the Mozilla implementation always returns Infinity
for .bandwidth.

Oh, and the WebKit implementation you linked to sometimes returns whatever value the embedding set on the object (thus punting the problem of what to return to the embedding), and by default seems to do this, if I read it right:

57      unsigned int NetworkInfoClientEfl::bandwidth() const
58      {
59          notImplemented();
60          return 10; // MB/s
61      }

(not exactly spec compliant, so much, of course).

-Boris