On 1/8/13 2:16 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
I don't know about Document, but I can definitely think of APIs where it
makes sense to be passing Window objects from other origins.

Yeah, I can see exceptions for Window, possibly.

But if there's only one API that takes any of these four object types
currently (I couldn't find any that took Document or Window in the HTML
spec in a cursory look) then maybe it's not worth the bother. Wack a mole
isn't _so_ bad if it's one mole a decade.

Actually, it is. In a whack a mole situation every single API added to the platform has to be carefully audited to make sure it doesn't introduce a mole. Which it won't be, because there are just not enough people qualified to do such an audit...

-Boris