On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:
* If the type=datetime UI asks a local datetime, UA needs to convert
local
datetime to UTC datetime, of course.
    However, it's very hard to implement.
     ** The UI needs extra work for edge cases of daylight saving time -
standard time switching.
     ** A local computer doesn't have complete information of daylight
saving
time period of every year.

Yes, it's hard to implement. But someone has to do it. I'd rather it was
you and a handful of other browser vendors than a million Web authors.

The harder something is to do, the more valuable it is for browser vendors
to be the ones to do it rather than the site authors.

Yeah, I agree with it.
But I as a developer in a browser vendor don't want to implement such
almost-impossible UI even though type=datetime-local is enough in many
cases and type=datetime is rarely used.

The Google Calendar's UI is equivalent to type=datetime-local with an
optional timezone selector.

The key difference is that Google Calendar converts the time to UTC on the
backend. That's not the same as type=datetime-local with an optional
timezone selector. In fact it's the precise key difference between
datetime-local and datetime.

I don't think so.  If you make a repeating event in a region with daylight
saving time, Google Calendar respects the local time which you specified.

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google