On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Stephen White wrote:
> >
> > For posterity, here were our objections to the original high-DPI canvas
> > spec:
> >>    - It doesn't scale well to non-integer devicePixelRatios
>
> Can you elaborate on this? I don't see why the new proposal would have
> this problem, but I also don't see why the old one would, so I don't know
> if it's because I don't understand the problem or if it's because I'm
> missing something from the old proposal.

IIRC, the concern was that calling getImageData() would return surprising
results when resampling by non-integer ratios, where the returned result
very much depends on the resampling mode, and the border treatment. At any
rate, since getImageData() doesn't resample in the new proposal, this won't
be a problem.

Stephen