Ok, sorry, I was pissed off... The web platform triggers this sort of reactions sometimes :-)

Constructive proposal:
* a special value for the hidden attribute that forces the element to be hidden regardless of what the CSS or style attribute says for the display value.
Maybe `hidden="force"`?

This might break existing website which would use the "force" value, but since it had no special meaning currently and there is no good reason to use this value, I'd say the odds are very low.

Any implementor interested?

David