On 2014-11-18 06:57, Paul Benedict wrote:
Is it really the responsibility of HTML to be told about this? I wouldn't
think so. My initial thoughts are that all such information should be
encoded in the file format of the image. I am not saying such information
exists (maybe partially though), but that's where I think it should reside.

Cheers,
Paul

Yeah! Ideally a browser (or client) should be able to request the meta information for a image (if available), this would probably be better suited as part of HTTP/2. Instead of a HEAD request a client could do a META request which would be the same as a HEAD request but with all meta info the server can provide about the file (like lens/ISO etc. info). Server side something like Apache could let a handler fetch that info from a JPG file (maybe even a caching proxy to speed things up). A key:value pair would make sense I guess (with maybe a Meta- prefix). But yeah in HTML itself such would just really bloat up the HTML page itself (and one could always use AJAX and serverside scripting or similar to fetch such meta info).

--
Roger "Rescator" Hågensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/