On 3/24/15 4:06 PM, Tetsuharu OHZEKI wrote:
But I think that, why don't  CanvasRenderingContext2D use restricted
float type defined in WebIDL if these methods ignore the value when
its is not finite?

Because they want to ignore the value.

By the current WebIDL spec
(http://heycam.github.io/webidl/#es-double), restricted values,
'float' & 'double', will raise TypeError in conversion phase under
ECMAScript environment if the passed value is a NaN or +-Infinity.

Exactly.  That's not the same thing as ignoring the value.

For the purpose to ignore non-restricted values, I feel that it's more
better to restrict by IDL type.

Not if you want to actually _ignore_ the value (as opposed to throwing an exception).

-Boris